Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sahara Desert

We spent a half day driving out to the Sahara Desert.  Rode some camel out into the dunes, then rode to our tented camp where we spent the night under the stars.

A real Bedouin tent.  Occupants didn't want their picture. But the little boy had a Sponge Bob hat on:)










At camp we were treated by this music sensation and we danced the night away--well, at least Sarah did.

Our tents and camp
Enjoying the show.






5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe you actually rode a camel! Was it like a horse? Or easier to control? Just curious!

(by the way, I had to take a nap after our workout this morning! Fittv is killing me!)

jhoopes said...

Those are some amazing pictures--they almost look fake!! Looks like a great trip. So cool!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

A-MAZ-ING! WOW!

mer and josh said...

Sweet pics. Looks like the trip of a lifetime.

Kathy said...

Those pictures don't even seem real! What an amazing experience!