Sunday, July 12, 2009

The 4th!

We started the day with myself running the Freedom Festival 10k. My first 10k, and possibly my farthest running distance yet--embarrassing I know, but the good news is I didn't die. I actually felt pretty good. I had only run about 4 times in the month prior, but I finished in 55:12 which was far better then I thought I could do--my goal was 11 min. miles. It helped to have Ben run the last uphill mile with me to keep my pace up. It gave me hope that I can do the half marathon next month.

Then we spent the afternoon swimming at Gary's. Faith was very brave and asked her uncle to jump in the cold pond with her. And Jesse jumped off all by himself--although we don't have video.

Then in the evening we went to my other brother's annual Fourth bash. BBQ, swimming, great view of Stadium of Fire fireworks, and the highlight, Faith and her friends dancing to Ryan Shuppe.

All and all it was a fun day filled with family and friends. No pics, but we did get a little video.

2 comments:

jhoopes said...

Looks like such a fun 4th! And way to go on your run. You will do GREAT in your half!!!

Brittany Simmons said...

such a cute video- and way to go running! Are you loving it? I hope so!