My kids are far from perfect. They can drive me crazy a lot of the time, especially this one as of late. But one thing all of them have been really good at is sleeping. Naps, bedtime, crib to bed have never been a big deal. While I owe a big thanks to the Baby Whisperer for teaching good sleep habits, I think I also owe Ben a high five.
Why? He's always talked me in to switching the kids into a bed early, about 18 months. I was never in a hurry because none of my kids have ever climbed out of their cribs. But Ben always wanted to switch anyways. Mostly because he has thought it would be cute.
So far all of my kids have treated their big beds like a crib--they stay put like they're caged. When we have switched each of our kids to a bed, for some reason all of my kids have thought that they can't get out of bed by themselves. They where more the physically capable, but for some reason they don't consider it a possibility. They go to sleep fine and cry or yell for me to come get them in the morning.
So thanks Ben, perhaps the 18 months thing is key. Maybe they're too young to have the strong desire to climb out and therefore maintain good sleep habits. Or maybe the thrill of climbing over the crib rail and "escaping" was never even a possibility.
Or maybe this is just a bunch of bull and we lucked out. Either way, I'll take it.
We took Wyatt's side rail off yesterday and so far so good. Just the same as the others. Stays put and sleeps like a baby. I'm crossing my fingers it sticks.
6 comments:
I'm not sure I believe you when you say your kids aren't perfect. I don't think I've ever seen one of them misbehave. I'll keep waiting!
I think Ben will be wanting a little more than a high five. ;)
Good luck with Wy-guy and the new bed.
He's such a cutie!
PS. Both Faith and Haven were gone today so it wasn't much of a party.
I actually left Joslyn's blankie at home today just so Wy wouldn't have the temptation. Ha ha!
Hope Faith gets feeling better.
My kids do the same thing. They think they are stuck in their beds. No one believes me until they see it. Its great, I hope it lasts even until their teenage years, then I wont have to worry about them sneaking out etc etc.
That is pretty amazing. Dan asked if we should try to do it with Caleb and I just laughed out loud. There is noway Caleb would stay in that bed. I would also worry about him rolling out of it cause he's such a mover. I love the pics. He is such a cute little guy.
that's interesting, i'll keep that in mind. - me, grant and riley were up skiing last saturday too. wish i would have known i would have met up with you. jesse in that picture looks like such a stud. i love it. this sunday we are having a big ski memorial thing for my grandpa karl. you're more than welcome to come.
I think we'll try that at 18 months too. I've been worrying alot lately about Ronin falling out.
Post a Comment