Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Sad News...
We found out this Spry Guy has Celiac Disease:( I've suspected it for a long time, so I finally decided to get him tested. I felt like I needed a diagnosis to make me plunge into Gluten Free diet world.
We're sad, overwhelmed and now mostly mourning a normal life for our tiny guy.
Although, I also know the truth, and I'm getting ready to focus on that:
He will have a normal life, just slightly high maintenance when it comes to food.
He now will be more healthy and happy than he has ever been.
His bum will be so much easier to wipe:)
I will never get to just get him school lunch, but I don't really trust school lunch anyways.
A GF diet will force us to eat most meals home, which will save money. Perhaps it'll help pay for expensive GF flours and such.
Being on a GF diet will probably make the whole family more health conscious.
I'm going to have to become a real cook.
I am sure we will fall into a new normal soon.
Wish us luck, we are going to need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor little guy...it is becomming more and more common these days! You should email my sister. Aaron found out he had celiac's on his mission and ever since she had been cooking gluten free meals for him. She can give you some tips maybe :)
it will get easier, it's so overwhelming at first. i'll send any good finds i come across. go buy him some sweedish fish those are g free! i have a few cupcake (box) recipes that are easy and good. -i'm sorry to hear that, but you're such a good mom, you'll get the hang of it -
I've been thinking lots about you. I hope you are feeling less overwhelmed with this. Sweet little guy.
Post a Comment