Thursday, February 26, 2009

Awe, It's Springish Time!

Well, it's not quite spring, but it is reaching 50 degrees and it is marvelous! And to celebrate I signed Ben and myself up for a 5k. Yep, I am going to start to run races this summer. I always wondered why people run races, why pay money to run 3 miles? You can just run 3 miles for free. Well, I need some motivation and accountability. Besides most races are for a good cause. So I plan on doing a 5k, 10k, 10 miler, and then a half marathon in August. Wow, I can't believe I am posting this. I guess I am going to half to keep to my word now. I will let you know how it goes...In the mean time I am going to keep enjoying being outside. Even if my babies have to be a little bundled.

7 comments:

hayleyrowan said...

oh i want to snuggle wyatt. he's so dang cute. that's so awesome about your running. i would love to train with you but i'm a terrible runner. i'm going to start road biking this summer so maybe i could ride while you run!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Chels! Some couples in our ward are trying to get Chris and I to do a 5k with them so we've been checking out www.utahraceguide.com to decide which race we want to do. Which one are you and Ben doing?
Thankfully the weather is getting better so I'm not such a baby about going out running.

Barb said...

Im with ya on the motivation thing. If I pay mula it keeps me in line with working out. Plus your right, the whole good cause thing helps out alot too. Im hoping to run the Provo half marathon relay with my hubs come April. Wish me luck, I'll need it!!! Good luck with your race(:

heather telford photography said...

Good Job!! I always wondered why people paid to run too.. then i ran a marathon and nothing is more rewarding than crossing a finish line!! You will love it and careful cause you will probably get addicted! :)

jhoopes said...

Don't forget your awesome free t-shirts!! :) Good luck! I bet you will love it.

Brittany Simmons said...

that's awesome. I too want to run a half marathon in May....I was maybe going to come out to UT for the April one, but that probably won't happen. I was super motivated to run but then got sick and lost my motivation a few weeks ago. I think my problem was I started mentally training too early. I'm hoping for some kind of kick in the pants to get started up again.....maybe some new running clothes?

Lindsey said...

way to go! you should run the disneyland 1/2 with me in september???? that is assuming i get my butt in gear and get ready for it.

wyatt is so cute.